How To Attract Advertisers + FREE Media Kit

Sunday, August 07, 2016



I just want to start my post by saying that I have been blogging for one month now! It may not sound like a big milestone but hey, I just want to celebrate the fact that I've successfully stayed on one platform. Remember my "blog wandering" syndrome? I totally surpassed that period, guys!

I know that I only posted a couple of articles last month but I'm honestly happy about my progress. For the sake of transparency, I have to admit that I am really working on making this blog profitable. I want to gain more traffic and I want to build a larger network. That's where I'm at, guys. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ 

Unbeknownst to many, I've been doing a lot of blogging work behind the curtain to promote my page. I've mentioned before that it's a mistake for a new blogger to yearn for overnight success. However, after reading hundreds of blog posts during my internship downtime, I realized something - it's never too early to grow your brand.




Now, we move on to the fun part! My relatively short blogging stint has already attracted some partnerships. I know it sounds a little fabricated knowing that I've only been here for a month but it's true, you guys. I can't believe it either! Is it okay to confess that I totally get excited every time I open my email?

So, what did I do differently this time that made these companies consider my page? Here's a rundown!

1. CREATE A CONTACT PAGE
I only have 5 blog posts so far - newbie status, remember? So you would probably notice that I don't even have a category list set up yet. But you know what I have instead? That's right - a contact page! Let everyone know that you're open for sponsorship and collaboration. Don't forget to include your email address!

Pro Tip: Embed a contact form on your website. I use FoxyForm and I love their service!

2. SHARE BLOG POSTS ON PINTEREST
I began receiving marketing proposals after reviving my old Pinterest page and creating my own brand. I learned this tip from the successful bloggers that I've been shamelessly stalking online. Many marketers are on Pinterest right now to conveniently search for potential blog partners. So, pin your most popular content to attract future advertisers!

Pro Tip: If you want an in-depth tutorial, Melyssa Griffin of The Nectar Collective offers an online course to help you master some killer Pinterest strategies.

3. JOIN FACEBOOK GROUPS
It's nice to be a part of a creative community. I've recently joined some Facebook groups for bloggers as a way to build my own virtual support system. I love that these groups have their own weekly promotional roundups where I get to boost my latest blog post. I also get exclusive access to some great partnership opportunities! For instance, I've been tapped by a company to feature their product thanks to a fellow blogger who was generous enough to share her advertising connections.

Pro Tip: Join groups like Blogging Boost to help you with your blogging dilemmas. Always respect the group rules, guys! Avoid unnecessary promotions. They hate that!

P.S. Are you a member of any local blogging group? I would love to know!

4. SEND OUT A MEDIA KIT
Okay, let's say that you have done everything on this list but your target companies still haven't contacted you yet. Maybe it's time for some role reversal! Yes, I know that contacting a company can be a little daunting (who are we kidding? it's freaking scary!) but let's not forget that you are doing this to grow your site. Be proactive and sell your brand! I don't want to go all Machiavelli (or Ovid) but in this case,yup... the end totally justifies the means.

Pro Tip: Create your own media kit to make you look more professional. Don't forget to include important blog milestones and significant blog statistics.




I've prepared an editable version of my media kit for you to download! It's just a template so feel free to tweak the document. Hope you like it!  Download your free media kit here


You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. Thank you for the tips, Sheen! I absolutely had no idea where to start with my media kit so I downloaded your template instead. Haha. Goodluck to blogger newbies like us! :-P

    xx, The Diary Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I accidentally deleted some comments (I was trying to install Disqus!) I'm terribly sorry! It won't happen again. Thank you for leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sheena! I'm also an aspiring writer. Thanks for the great tips! I want to start a blog about personal finance and why it's important to start investing while young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should start your own blog NOW! Personal finance is a great topic! I will totally read your blog!!! Good luck on your future endeavors!

      Delete
  4. Nice to find your pretty and useful blog. I've followed you in Bloglovin, I hope you can follow back.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say that you are doing amazingly so far! These are very good tips you have and I love how your media kit looks like :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look like you know what you're doing and you're right, it's never too early to start working, growing and promoting your brand. All the best to your success!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got a really nice blog and you're Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These really are good tips for when someone wants to start a blog. I remember only making a media kit after a year of blogging. Good that you've already started. Hope you're having an awesome week! :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gellie, thanks for dropping by! Have an awesome week too! :)

      Delete
  9. - I'm not sure my contact page is working. Hahaha!
    - I actually don't know how to connect my blog post to pinterest but I also read from other bloggers that its really helpful just like you said.
    - This is a great idea. Thanks!
    - I don't think I'm on that level of a blogger na to have this media kit. ;p

    Thanks for the helpful tips. Will bookmark this entry for future reference!

    xoxo, rej | reeejoyce.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rej, it's never too early to grow your brand. Yay, thank you so much for reading my post. <3

      Delete
  10. Thank you for this post and for the media kit, I downloaded it and I will be following all of your advice!

    ivviebengtsson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ivvie, I'm always happy to help! Thank you for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Great job! I'm about 6 months in now and still trying to work out the whole media kit / advertisers thing. The media kit download is really helpful, thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Sheena! :)

    I'm now following you on Bloglovin! <3 Anyway, thank you so much for this wonderful post! I'll try sharing my posts on Pinterest now. Love getting tips and new ideas from other bloggers. :)

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance ♡
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're doing a pretty nice job managing your blog if you ask me! :) I'm also a newbie blogger and I think it's just great that bloggers help one another in achieving their aspirations. :)

    Melissa the Mermaid ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never thought of sending out media kit. I've been in and out in blogging but believe me when I say that I am a serious Blogger. I also want to have an income from my blog. Thank you for the tips Sheen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always hear or read pinterest can help with traffic, I should really try it out. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is so well thought out and nicely put together! I never would've guessed you've only been blogging for a month. I would've thought you had been blogging for so much longer! Thanks for sharing your tips!

    Via Sora || $100 Anthropologie Gift Card Giveaway
    instagram · twitter · pinterest · bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on blogging for a month, that also is a milestone for me especially since I have been studying and working when I'm free haha. So whenever I can squeeze a blog post in a week, I feel like I've achieved a lot :)

    These a definitely great types to go by! :D I've had a few emails myself but I turn most down because I don't think they reflect who I am haha!

    http://pawlean.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the month milestone! So nice of you to share you media kit template with us :) You gave some amazing tips. I'm surprised that you've only been doing this for a month!

    www.thewanderingkitsune.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for sharing...i'm planning to try pinterest

    estherschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sheena!

    Thank you so much for posting this. Been blogging for a few years already yet still having a hard time to attract businesses. Will surely try this out!

    ReplyDelete

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11